Flip It Round

  

My card this week is one I was planning to share with you anyway but I now have some exciting news to go with it.  This card, together with the slide and pop card and bunny gift box shown below, were my entries into the Cardmaker of The Year 2022 competition, hosted by Craftworld.com and I’m chuffed to announce that I was chosen as one of the 4 winners.  I only entered on a whim, never thinking that I stood a chance of winning, so it was a wonderful surprise.  As a result, I’ve been the lucky recipient of lots of crafty goodies and, even more exciting, the chance to be on the Design Team!

The die I used for this card is made by Studio Light and has the snappy title Cutting & Embossing Die Cardshape Flip it Round Essentials nr.370!  It’s a great die set, cutting out the card base and all the layers.

As I was planning to ink a scene, I drew around the inside of the die and temporarily adhered the pieces onto my grid paper in the correct spaces.

Next, I used my blending brushes and Distress Oxide inks for the sky and Memento Tuxedo Black for the ground, together with my Inkylicious mountain/hill stencil.  I left a hint of white card behind the foreground hill to resemble fog in the valley.

Next, I stamped a selection of silhouette stamps by Lavinia Stamps.  I find that when stamping over Distress Oxides, even when they’ve been dried well, the lines underneath are obvious, so I go over them with my black Polychromos coloured pencil.

Next, I did the other centre panel.  I could easily see from the grid paper where the mountains and stamping needed to be to line up with the left edge panel, which would be obvious when the card was closed.

The final task was to add highlights on the trees and animals with a white gel pen. Here’s the finished card in the closed position.

And the card when it’s fully open.

I love the flip around action of this card, you can easily add a surprise message on the reverse side.  Here’s the card in action.


 This is another example I made for a lady in the Facebook birthday card swaps group I’m part of.
  
 

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window