Gingerbread Biscuits

  

I’m back this week with some more Christmas inspiration using this beautiful Pop Out Folk Christmas stamp designed by Inna Moreva for Pink Fresh Studios.  For some reason, my first thought when I saw this was gingerbread so I started with a brown background (Stampin’ Up! Sahara Sand) and applied white embossing powder and heat set.  Using a white pencil, I coloured in the open areas.

For the sentiment, I used Lawn Fawn Merry Christmas border.  To make the sentiment stand out, I applied Stick-It adhesive sheet on the back of some white card and some bronze metallic card, and cut out 2 white and 1 bronze sentiment.  I peeled off the backing of the adhesive sheet and stacked the sentiments with the bronze on top.

The pop-out in the name refers to the fact that several of the elements in the stamp pop out and can be used individually.  I used the deer, partially stamped, for the inside and the envelope.

This completed my first gingerbread card.

For the next card, I started the same way, embossing white onto brown card, and used the matching die to cut out the main elements – my gingerbread biscuits!  I also stamped the design in brown ink onto a white panel for the background.

The panel was mounted onto a card base.  To add some dimension, I popped up the 'biscuits' on foam squares, before adding a small sentiment from Taylored Expressions Modern Holiday Greetings. 

  

I loved this second card so decided to try it out in different colours.  This time, I stamped the design straight onto the card base.

Since the foam tape was quite fiddly and some parts were too skinny to get foam behind, I stacked the elements instead, cutting out 2-3 extra panels.

 

This added dimension but made the parts very secure and supported – handy of the card is going in the mail.  Here’s my navy version.

The final one was a dark red, I used Stampin’ Up! Cherry Cobbler.

I think the gingerbread biscuits version is my favourite!  Which one do you like?


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window