Here's To You Dad!


It’s Father’s Day here in the UK so my projects this week are the cards I made for my Dad and my Father-in-Law.  Continuing my efforts to use some older sets I’ve had for years, I pulled out The Man by Avery Elle.  I have previously only used one sentiment from this set so it was time to get creative!

My plan was to emboss the front panel but I wanted a little decoration on it.  I stamped the empty bottles onto the sticky part of a sticky note and cut them out on the stamped outline to use as a mask.  I then stamped a series of bottles in a roughly vertical line.

 

After stamping the bottle outlines, I then used the infill stamp and Stampin’ Up! So Saffron, Sahara Sand and Soft Suede inks to fill the bottles with beer. I partially stamped the HERE’S TO YOU DAD in black ink.

I’m really liking the stacked sentiment look at the moment so I die-cut 3 layers to place under each letter.  The top layer was some tartan style paper.

The front panel was dry embossed using Stampin’ Up! Bricks and Mortar embossing folder.  Despite the texture this gave, I felt it needed a little more so I flicked some spatters in light and dark brown ink from my Copic markers.  Finally, I glued on the DAD letters and a fussy-cut banner sentiment from the set.

Mr L and I don’t have any children but we do have cats so it’s become a fun thing to do to send a card from the cats.  This was their offering this year…

They even sign it themselves! 😊

 

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window