In The Potting Shed

 

 
When possible, I like to create cards that have a personal connection to the recipient, so this one was designed with my friend’s love of gardening in mind.  To begin, I cut a piece to make the bench and two pieces that I embossed with a wood plank embossing folder, one to decorate the bench and one for the card front.  I stamped the window from 3C New Day Windowsill and cut out the window panes.

Next, I glued the bench in place and decorated it with pieces of the embossed pieces.  I lightly sponged some brown ink to highlight some of the wood texture. 

For the decorative elements, I cut lots of pieces from the MFT Spring Garden dies set.  I added a little shading on the watering can and pots and curved them to add some dimension.

To enable the plant pots pop-up, I added some open square blocks on the back.

The gardening elements were glued in place and I added a sentiment from another 3C stamp set, fussy cut with the edges distressed with a little brown ink.  This completed the first stage.

Next, for the view through the window.  I stamped the cat, the distance tree line and one of the plants to look like a bush just outside the shed.

I masked the cat and trees and ink blended the sky and fields before colouring the cat, bush and trees with Copic markers.

To finish, I added some acetate behind the window then the view panel.  The whole piece was then mounted onto a card base.

The card had great dimension when the bench folded down and brought all the pots and plants to life.

Despite all the dimension, the card still folded up and fit nicely into a C6 envelope.

  


 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window