Another Mice Wedding

 


The Colorado Craft Company Happily Ever After features a scene and critters created by Anita Jeram and is a lovely set but can’t really be used for anything else but weddings.  I bought it last year, as I was going to 2 weddings, so it was good to be able to use it again for this commission.

To begin, I stamped the scene and the wedding couple and coloured with Copic markers and coloured pencils.  The bride and groom were die-cut, together with a small gift.


 The main requirement I’d been asked to include was the bride and groom’s names.  I used My Favourite Things Stitched Alphabet Banner dies to cut out their names.  There isn’t an ampersand so I used a tiny heart die for between the names.

I like the main scene in this set but when it’s all coloured in, I feel that the bride and groom get a bit lost so I played around to see if I could make that more of a background by creating a frame around it.  I don’t have any large frames that are a suitable shape so I used a die as a guide and cut the frame with my craft knife.

 

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on the frame before mounting it on foam tape over the wedding party scene.  A length of twine was strung across the top for the banners to hang from and each banner was raised on foam squares.  The bride and groom were also mounted on foam squares but arranged so their feet were in front of the frame.  The little gift covered the corner, which was a little messy.

 

The lady who commissioned the card had composed a little song for them and wanted some of the lyrics written inside the card, which I wrote over the top of a little stencilling using Newton’s Nook Music stencil.  A couple of die cut notes finished off the inside.

 

The framed panel was mounted on a purple mat before being adhered to an A5 card base.  I felt it still needed a little something so I die-cut some small hearts and glued them around the edge of the opening.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window