Holy Crap!

 

A very dear friend of mine had a milestone birthday recently so I wanted to make him a special, one-off, kind of a card.  I had a quick surf on Pinterest and saw this idea and knew immediately that it would perfect!

I wanted my ‘bathroom wall’ to comprise 2 parts; a wallpapered top and a wood panelled bottom, so began by selecting some patterned paper for my wallpaper and dry embossing some card for the wood panelling.

Next, I needed to make a miniature toilet roll… like you do. I used a straightened-out paper clip for the holder and glued a small tube of brown card around and bent the wire at 90° either end of the tube.

Actual toilet paper was then cut into strips and glued onto the tube and wound around until I had the desired thickness of toilet roll.

I punched a couple of tiny holes into my wood panelling and inserted the wires, bending and securing them on the reverse side.

The writing was next.  I had planned on using die-cut lettering but all my die sets were too big.  Then, I tried hand lettering but the finish on the paper made the ink patchy.  That left heat embossing.  I used my Stamparatus stamp positioning tool and a ‘test stamp’ to ensure my letters were aligned correctly….

….before heat embossing the lettering onto my ‘wallpaper’ using Versamark ink and silver embossing powder.

I cut the numbers from silver glitter paper and cut 2 circles, one from silver foil card and the other from some mercury acetate as I wanted the circle to look like an ageing mirror.  A couple of brads were poked through to resemble the mirror fittings.

The top layers were mounted, using thin foam adhesive to hide the wires behind, on a mat layer and card-base, the colours of which were taken from the patterned paper.  A thin silver card ‘dado rail’ finished off the join.

Lastly, I had to make a box rather than an envelope for the card so the toilet roll didn't get squashed.

I think this card and the bottle of anti-ageing moisturiser gave him a laugh!

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window