This Little Piggy

It was Valentine’s Day on Friday and whilst we don’t buy big presents or go out and get fleeced for a distinctly average meal, I do enjoy making a card for Mr L.  He generally gets his crafting on and asks for access to my craft room to make me a card too – which I LOVE! I don’t get many handmade cards.  I’ve just got the This Little Piggy set and thought it would be perfect to use for my card using the mirror stamping technique.  I wrote this post last March on how to do this technique, if you’d like a refresh.

To begin, I mirror stamped my pigs.

Next, I coloured them in using some alcohol markers and also drew in some more grass in the gap in the middle to unite the two images.

I then stamped the pig on the front and back of a post-it note and cut around them to create two masks. Note: The ink stamped on the adhesive on the back of the note stayed wet for a long time so I repeatedly pressed the adhesive part on scrap paper.

Using the bunch of hearts from Forever Lovely, I second generation stamped using Rococo Rose and Lovely Lipstick inks.  I also stamped the trio of smaller hearts from the same set and then removed the masks.

I wanted a fun, pig-based sentiment for my card so I hand lettered one.

Lastly, I mounted the piece on Lovely Lipstick and Basic Black mat layers and then onto a Real Red cardbase.  I finished by adding some epoxy heart droplets over some of the stamped hearts for some dimension and a couple of pink hearts to frame the sentiment.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window