Under The Weather?

My card this week was inspired by a card made by Debs Valder using the Colorado Craft Company All Weather Friends stamps and die.  I needed a quick get-well card and I liked the idea of cutting out the sections of the umbrella rather than colouring them.

I stamped the bunny and umbrella, coloured him with Copics before die-cutting, all cutting out another couple of white layers for dimension.  I also stamped the bunny and raindrops onto the front layer of the card.


Next, I selected some patterned paper for the mat layer which would also form the pattern on the brolly, and used my craft knife to cut out the brolly area.


 I used some clear Nuvo Drops on the puddles and raindrops to give the wet look and some silver Nuvo Drops on the ends of the umbrella spokes.

 

Finally, none of the sentiments in the set were appropriate for my card so I did a little hand lettering in the style of the stamp set.  In Britain, ‘under the weather’ is a phrase used when you’re sick or not feeling well so I thought it paired well with this scene to make a sweet get-well card.


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window