Wow! Wedding Card

This week’s card is a commission I received from my sister for a wedding card.  The only request was that it was personalised.  I’d been wondering how the 3D frame (Flower Shadow Box from 14 June 2020) I made for my in-laws’ 40th wedding anniversary could be remodelled into a card, so that’s where I started.

In Design Space, I rejigged the design to add a heart frame and changed the name and date.  I cut out a base layer from card and a vinyl layer for the lettering.   After gluing a piece of acetate on the back, I used the negative space cut out to position and adhere the lettering onto the acetate.  The plain white looked a little dull so I added a stencilled pattern.  The stencil wasn’t big enough to cover the whole panel so I did in in two halves, taping the edge of the stencil to avoid inadvertently inking vertical lines along the edge of the stencil.  


I then repeated this for the other half for the front.

Next, I added the viny lettering.  This is a lovely, pretty pink glitter holograph design.


After much auditioning of card stocks, the only background colour that seemed to work well was black.  Since this was to be a shaker card, I needed to pop it up on foam tape strips and I only have white ones.  These really stood out against the black card so I used my black Sharpie marker to colour the edges of the foam that would show.

The final job was to add the table gems to the window area and glue the layers together.  I added a little self-coloured stencilling to the pink layer to tie in with the top layer.  The result is a very glitzy, glam wedding card.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window