Folk Art Wedding

I have a new toy - a Spellbinders Glimmer hot foil machine! Mr L bought it for me after I made a crocheted stag faux taxidermy head for housewarming gift for a friend of his.  After a few false starts, most of which were alleviated by watching this video, I got to playing with my Inna’s alphabet suite of goodies by Pinkfresh Studio to make a wedding card.

I foiled the letters with some silver foil and then used the layering stencils to colour them, although you could easily just colour them in with markers or pencils.  Once coloured, I cut them out with the matching dies.

 

As I wanted something more than the letters on the card, I heat embossed the Folk Art Birds stamp, also by Pinkfresh Studio, twice.

 

These panels were coloured using the matching layering stencils.  All these elements can be cut out with the coordinating die and I’d got it in my mind that I could create a heart with the pieces. It transpired that I could but it didn’t work with the letters.  It was all a bit busy and the names got lost.

 

Plan B! I went over the letters again with a brighter pink ink and then heat embossed another set of the Folk Art Birds, this time colouring them with pinks and grey inks.  For the background, I scored the trellis pattern from the back.

Next, I arranged the elements, sticking the florals, birds and ampersand directly onto the panel and the letters were triple stacked on grey card for dimension, with the bottom layer offset slightly to create a shadow.  I used my T-ruler to ensure the letters were level.

 

Last, I heat embossed the sentiments (using Your Next Stamp’s Whatnot Sentiments Four) in silver, cut them out and mounted them on foam squares.  The whole panel was mounted on a grey mat layer and then onto a 8” x 8” card base.

  

For their wedding present, I made a set (my 5th!) of 12 Days of Christmas ornaments presented in a box, on which I pyrographed their names and the date.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window