Pride Wedding

 

Last weekend, we had the pleasure of attending our friend’s daughter’s wedding.  My friend commissioned a card for the happy couple with the theme “gay pride wedding with rainbows” so I began by blending inks in a rainbow pattern over a 7½” square panel.  I spritzed the panel with a little water to give a distressed look.

 

I die cut a circle from the centre of the panel and set it aside for later.  After sticking some adhesive sheet onto the back of some white card, I die-cut a load of the elements from Altenew Rolled Roses and arranged them onto the panel, removing the insides and sticking the outlines in place.  I trimmed off the overhanging pieces.

  

Using some more adhesive sheet, I die cut the ladies’ names using Henry’s Alphabet dies by Lawn Fawn and some more of the roses, from the circular cut out.  The letters were cut out again from black card and offset behind the rainbow letters.  The sentiments were heat embossed in gold before arranging the letters and roses over the panel.  The roses were mounted on foam squares.  The whole panel was then mounted on a black circle.

 

I die cut a few small white hearts to scatter around the panel and die cut a circle of double-sided adhesive foam, on which to mount the centre section.

 

I used some elements from Colorado Craft Company’s Happily Ever After and off cuts from the rainbow panel to decorate the inside.

 

The whole panel was then mounted onto a 8” x 8” card base.

 

My next task was to think of an idea for our card for the wedding!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window