Snowmen on Parade

This month’s Christmas offering features the Snowman Family by Woodware.  I fell in love with  this stamp when I saw it and it’s quite quick to colour in so is suitable for making multiples.

To begin, I cut an A4 sheet of white card into four and stamped the snowmen.  I stamped 2 in MFT Hybrid ink and 2 in Versafine Clair Nocturn and heat set with clear embossing powder.  This gives a lovely shiny finish so I'll do it with all the cards in future.

 

For my first card, I Copic coloured the snowmen’s clothing in reds, added a light shading on the snow and finished with some glitter.  The greeting is the Let It Snow Border by Lawn Fawn, which I cut from some white glitter card. 

You could make this card more personal by colouring the clothing in the recipient’s favourite colours or those of a team they follow.

The second card was coloured in rainbow colours and I much preferred this to the plain red version, so I coloured the remaining 2 like this.  I’d bought some Fluffy Stuff from a craft show and wanted to try it out.  It’s a liquid that puffs up when you heat it with a heat gun.  I don’t know if it was the fact that it was off-white against the white of the card but it didn’t add to the scene.  

 

As I didn’t want to waste the panel, I scraped off the fluffy stuff as much as possible.  I then stamped the bottom edge of the snowman scene again on another piece of card and cut along the top edge of the snowbank before adding the sentiment, from MFT Greetings Galore.  I was going to just pop up the snowbank on foam squares to cover the fluffy mess but decided to make a shaker card instead.  I cut a frame using the Slim Lacy Layers Dies by Waffle Flower before adding acetate and snowflake confetti.

The shaker was mounted on a pale blue layer and then glued to the card base.  I’m loving the  Adaptables card blanks from Lime Tree Crafts to make unusual side-folding slimline cards!

 

For my final cards, I simply matted the panel in black and used a sentiment and snowflake from the Hero Arts Colour Layering Tree set.  The envelopes and inside of the card were decorated by masking the stamp so that only the last snowman would be inked up.  The left side of his body was missing but I simply filled it in with a black fine liner.

 

I’m getting quite a stash of Christmas cards now so hopefully won’t need to do much “panic crafting” in December! 😇 How’s your Christmas card prep coming along?


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window