Stretch Your Stash

 

Christmas stamps aren’t just for Christmas! Obviously, you probably don't want to be sending cards with Santa on for someone’s birthday but some stamps are versatile and can be used all year round.  The focal image for this week’s card is from Colorado Craft Company’s Christmas Presents by Anita Jeram set.  The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted called Laugh Out Loud Again.  I used MFT hybrid ink for the dog and Versafine Clair heat set with clear embossing powder for the sentiment.

 

The card was for my friend who has a dog called Tilly.  Using Copic markers, I tried to colour the dog to look like her.

 

To create a mask, I stamped the scene onto a sticky note and fussy cut around the bottom.  After adding a length of stencil tape across the panel for the horizon, I used MFT Ray of Light stencil and a blending brush and some green ink to create the lawn stripes, removing the stencil and blending more green ink to complete the lawn.

 

Next, I made another mask, this time cutting around the top edge of the image, and blended a light blue ink for the sky.

 

To frame the panel, I turned it over and scored a line ¼” in from the edge all around.  The panel was then mounted on a dark brown slimline, side-folding card base.

 

Inside, I stamped the dog again (and on the envelope) and added another sentiment from the set.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window