Snow Geese


How is your Christmas card making coming along? I’m really enjoying making a few cards each month resulting in a variety of styles, depending what I’m into each month.  It’s taking the pressure off the usual panic crafting at the end of November anyway.

This week’s theme is white heat embossing on blue card.  My featured stamp is Gaggle of Geese by Lavinia stamps and I’m using some lovely pearlescent card I found languishing at the back of the cupboard.  It’s from First For Paper called Stardream and the colour’s called Vista.

To begin, I stamped the geese in Versamark and heat embossed in white.  The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Modern Holiday Greetings.


 To give the geese a bit of dimension, I coloured the beaks with a yellow Posca pen.


 I also added a dot for the eye using a Micron Archival black pen.  Then for the messy bit – creating snow by splattering with a white Posca pen!  It goes everywhere!!  It’s also a bit hit and miss and ended up with one of the panels going in the bin.  It does give a very organic result though.  If you don’t have a Posca pen, acrylic paint and a paintbrush would work well instead. 


 The panel was mounted on a 5” square card base.

This is a great card if you need to mass produce.  You can get it set up in the stamping platform and off you go.  I tried it out on Lagoon coloured card too.  My last  go was on the Sapphire colour and I stencilled the pattern on the card base using Sweet Poppy Stencils Square Snowflake Aperture stencil.

I’m up to 43 Christmas cards now.  At this rate, I’ll even have them written by the end of November, which will be a first!

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window