Magnificent Magnolias

 

As you know, I’m a big fan of layering stencils.  This week’s card features Pinkfresh Studios Magnolias suite, which has a stamp set, layering stencils and die set which will result in a collection of elements to layer and create a dimensional card. 

To begin, I stamped in Versamark and heat embossed using gold and silver powder.  Next, I shaded the leaves using blending brushes and just one green ink pad.  The detailed layer was done using the same ink pad and creates some depth.

The flowers were next and I used a variety of colours, largely sticking to the natural colours of magnolias.  For the white ones, I just added a little grey for the shaping and shadows.

The matching die is one unit and cuts out all the elements in one go.  Very handy!  

This gave me 12 sets of magnolias for using on my next few projects.

For this card, I wanted a circular card base.  I used to fold the card and partial die-cut, leaving a bit uncut at the top for the hinge.  However, I’ve now found this easier method.  I die-cut 2 circles, score a line ½” from the edge and glue this small section to the other circle.  To stop the card from rolling, I cut a tiny sliver from the bottom of the back.

I assembled all the bits for the card; a glitter circle, a top layer decorated with the Honey Bee Swirling Leaves cover plate and hot foiled Be Bold sentiment by Spellbinders.

The background flowers and foliage were glued directly to the card with the main magnolia and sentiment popped up on thin foam tape. 

I'm loving the 2mm foam tape roll from Stix2 as it gives dimension but doesn't make the card so thick as to require a large stamp.

 



 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window