Stunning Stencils

 

I’ve fallen in love with stencils over the past year and layering stencils are my absolute favourites.  The set I used for this week’s card is no exception.  It starts off looking rather insipid but then suddenly comes to life!  It’s fabulous for single layered cards too as it creates such depth.

The stencils in question are Golden Days by Altenew.  It’s a set of 4 stencils but the 4th one also has the flower centre so it’s 5 layers really.

 

Having been lucky enough to receive a fair number of magazine commissions since being one of the winners of Cardmaker Of The Year 2022, I’ve had scant time to play with any of the goodies that I won so I took the opportunity to use the ink pads from Altenew’s generous prize.  These blend together wonderfully!  The stencils create quite a large flower so I only used part of it – a look which I prefer anyway.  Here’s stencil no.1 with Frosty Pink.

 

Stencil no.2 using Coral Berry.  Can’t see how this is going to look good…

Stencil no. 3 with Ruby Red.  It’s starting to come to life now…

 

Stencil no.4 with Grapevine.  Wow! 

The final layer is the centre which I inked with dark brown.  I then spattered a little gold paint on the panels and left to dry.

To finish, I added a sentiment from Avery Elle Sentimental Too using Versafine Clair Pinecone ink and heat set with clear embossing powder.  The panels were matted on dark brown card and mounted on a white card base and decorated with a few gems.


There’s a matching hot foil plate to go with these stencils that I've just treated myself to, so I'll be sharing some made with that soon!


 

 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window