Foiled!

This week’s card has no stamping at all but is foiled.  I used the Spellbinder’s Glimmer Hot Foil System and Birthday Candle Background hot foil plate.

To start, I cut the panel for my card and hot foiled the candles using a rainbow foil.  I’m still learning the foiling system and, despite chanting the layering order, I still sometimes put the foil the wrong way up, hence my rainbow candles!  Fortunately, this does no harm to the foil plates, it just wastes your foil.

I then foiled more candles and the sentiment, which is Spellbinder Be Bold Glimmer Sentiments.  The candle plate comes with 2 dies so I die-cut a few candles together with the sentiment.  As you can see, I've foiled the sentiment plate too - doh!

To add dimension to the card, I popped-up the die-cut candles and sentiment on foam tape.  The panel was matted onto black card before attaching to a top-folding card base.

Quite simple but I love that rainbow foil!

 


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window