Geo Blocks

This week’s cards use Pinkfresh Studio Geo Blocks hot foil plate and layering stencils.  When hot foiling, the best results are obtained using smooth card.  I’ve been getting good results with Marker Geek’s Make ‘it’ Colour Blending Cardstock, which is super smooth.

I wanted to make a rainbow effect on the blocks which is quite easy to achieve using small blending brushes.  I used a range of Distress Oxides and applied the ink heavily on the first stencil to make the ‘shaded’ side of the block.

For the lighter side, I simply used the same inks but only used the ink that was left on the brush.  The top was left white.

 

Since the blocks pattern is the main event on the cards, I didn’t want to put much over the top.  I hot-foiled some sentiments and popped them up on foam tape and finished with a scattering of enamel dots.

These cards were for ladies but it’s easy to transform into a man’s card by changing up the colour scheme.

I didn’t have a matching stamp to decorate the envelope so I used one of the mini Colorado Craft Company Anita Jeram stamps instead to let the recipient know it’s happy mail.

 


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window