Christmas Hats

The last Sunday in the month means it’s the C-word.  Yes, it’s Christmas! The stamp set I’m using this week is Christmas Hats by Colorado Craft Company which features the cute drawings by Anita Jeram. 

To begin, I stamped the cat, masked it and then stamped the dog.  To colour, I used a technique demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire, in which the negative mask is used so that ink can be blended onto the image.

After colouring the dog, I then masked the hat fur and coloured the body of the hat red.

You can see that I forgot to protect the area at the edge of the mask when colouring the hat so had to cut out the image.  Since I’d overlapped the images, I had to partially die cut each image and then fussy-cut the bit in between.

The animals were masked and I also added a mask for the ground before white heat-embossing snowflakes (Avery Elle Snowflakes stamp) and blending Distress Oxides in Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire to the sky.

Somehow, I managed to get a big smudge around the sentiment so had to trim the bottom off.  Instead, I used the sentiment in the Christmas Hats set to repeat stamp around the mat layer before mounting on a 5” red card base.

The second card was finished by mounting the critters on foam tape on a background made by blending Distress Oxide Weathered Wood through Lawn Fawn Snowflake Background stencils.  The sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted Sing It’s Christmas set.

For a bit of sparkle, I did go in and add some Stickles glitter glue to the hats.  I was very pleased that I managed to salvage the focal images and make them into useable cards!  That's two more to add to the Christmas 2023 collection.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window