Splendid Snowdrops

It’s Mothering Sunday in the UK today and I’m sharing the cards that I made for my Mum and Mum-in-law.   The inspiration for purchasing the Altenew Craft-A-Flower Snowdrops Layering dies was from these two cards by Jenny and Erum.

Whilst I could have cut the leaves from coloured card stock or coloured the die-cuts, I decided to make a water-coloured panel of green for the leaves whilst I was creating the background for one of the cards.  For the background panel, I started with Altenew Water-Colour paints and then added Brushos for more vibrancy, adding some salt for texture.

Next, the marathon die-cutting! I think this took me about half an hour to do.  I then assembled the flower heads so I had everything ready to go.

I’d had a Waffle Flower frame lying around for a while so thought I’d use that for one of the cards.  The leaves and stalks were glued in place behind the bottom edge and then glued to each other or the top or sides of the frame as they crossed each other for some support.

Then it was simply a case of attaching the flower heads.   A few were popped up on foam tape for some extra dimension.  The sentiment was from the For Mom set by Colorado Craft Company, trimmed and edged by blending a little Distress Oxide Salty Ocean ink.  The card base also had a little of the ink blended on for some background sky.  To finish the card, I spattered a little watered down white acrylic paint over the panel.

The second card featured the blues and greens that are my M-i-L’s favourite colours.  The die-cuts were adhered either directly to the panel or on thin or thick foam tape, varying the heights for dimension.  The DL card front was covered with a layer of teal glitter paper and then the feature panel mounted on top using foam tape.  This was also finished with a little white paint spatter for extra interest.

Cutting all these pieces out and the assembling was quite time consuming but worth it to create such pretty, unique cards.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window