Frosty Friends

The last post of the month continues my Christmas card mission.  This month, I’m using a Mama Elephant set called Snow Friends that I’ve had for years but never gotten around to using.  For a change, I used some Spellbinders Essential Arches dies for a fancy shaped card.

For a non-traditional look, I started by masking the snowy ground and ink-blending a dramatic sky using Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Villainous Potion and Blueprint Sketch.  After blending, I spritzed with a little water to give the faux bleached effect.

For some added texture, I then used Ranger grit paste and a Lawn Fawn snowflake stencil, adding some glitter to the paste after removing the stencil but whilst the paste was still wet.


The translucent panel was made with stencil paste rather than the grit paste with glitter added. I acually did this panel first but since the stencil paste was runnier, it seeped under the stencil a little and didn;t give as clear results so I switched to the grit paste.

 The critters and snow-critters were stamped with MFT Hybrid ink and coloured using Copic markers, then die-cut.  I glued the snow-animals directly onto the panel and added the critters on foam tape.  The sentiment was white heat embossed on black card and also adhered using foam tape.

Finally, the panels were mounted on an arched card-base, die cut using the largest die in the set.  I finished the cards with a few white highlights and some clear Nuvo drops on the critters’ noses.


 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window