Super Sunflowers


My cards this week were made using the fabulous sunflower die that came with Issue 102 of Die-Cutting Essentials.  I was particularly taken with the octagonal card on the front cover, made by Nicky Gilburt, editor of Creative Stamping.  

First, I die-cut the sunflower and used it as a stencil to create the backgrounds.

Next, I stencilled again onto another piece of white card.  Then I trimmed around the sunflower outline and glued it over the stencilled flower.

Using the nested notched octagon dies by Creative Craft Products, I die-cut the background panels, then a coloured layer.  The card base was a 7” square card blank that I simply die-cut.

The sunflower toppers were fussy-cut and then mounted on a coloured rectangle to match the coloured layer.  This was then adhered to a white rectangle.

The cards were finished by attaching the sunflower topper using foam tape, adding a sentiment and embellished with some enamel dots.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window