Tartan Tabbies

My card this week is a get-well card for my friend who’s had several eye operations, the latest of which was last week.  My friend likes cats and also moved to Scotland a few years ago, so that was my theme sorted.

The set I used is That Lovin’ Feline by Visible Image.

To begin with, I stamped three of the kitties onto tartan-style paper and fussy cut them.

Next, I used the cut-outs to arrange the layout for the card.  Once in position, I placed the stamp on top, closed the lid of the Misti to pick up the stamp, removed the cats and then stamped the image.  This procedure was repeated for the other cats.

Since I only needed the stamping for the whiskers and it didn’t matter that the cats would overlap each other, I didn’t bother with masking.

The cats were paper-pieced and glued in place and I filled in any whiskers on the cats themselves with a fine liner.  The panel was layered onto black stitched rectangle and then glued to the card base.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window