Perfect Profiles

My cards this week feature the Julie Hickey Happy, Birthday and Merry Profile die sets.  I love the font style of these dies and that they come with a shadow die too.

To begin, I stencilled using Distress Oxide inks in Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry using one of the stencils included with Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine #243.

Next, I blended another panel using the same inks and die-cut the lettering from this.  The shadow dies were cut from black card and the lettering adhered on top.

For the top card, I cut the shadow die from the remnants of the panel after die-cutting the lettering to give a thin frame.  The negative spaces left from the lettering die-cut were also glued in place.

The next card used Seedless Preserves and Peacock Feathers and the other stencil from the magazine.

This time, after blending another panel for the lettering, I turned it around before die-cutting the lettering so the wording colour was opposite to the stencilling.

Lastly, since it is the final post of the month, here are my Christmas offerings for this month.  I used the 'Merry' profile die set and the Savvy Sentiments Christmas stamps by Colorado Crafty Company.

The sentiments were stamped in black and clear heat embossed.  Then the  merry die cuts were attached using some thin foam tape.  This would be a really easy style of card for making multiples.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window