Magnificent Magnolias

The cards this week use TEXT{ures} Magnolia Half Tone stamp set, dies and washi paper by Lou Collins. 

For my first card, I die-cut the outline from dark purple card and also from silver mirror card.

After gluing the outline onto a white panel, I inlaid the silver pieces into the design and trimmed off the overhang.  To finish the card, the panel was simply mounted onto a purple card base and topped with a sentiment.

Next, I tried out the washi papers, which come in a range of colours.

I applied the transfer to a square panel and trimmed off the overhang before adding the silver frame from the first card on top.  You can see the edges of the washi paper as it is a slightly different shade to my card but it looks OK.

These washi paper transfers make for really quick but impactful cards.  The image is large so it’s easy to cut in half and create two cards to stretch your supplies. 


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window