Whimsical Wonderland

Earlier this year, I was lucky enough to be picked from a Instagram draw to win a year’s subscription to Tonic’s Monthly Craft Kit.  My ‘Christmas in July’ cards are made using the Whimsical Wonderland Kit 69.  It contains a whole host of dies, stamps, coloured card, green mirror-card and various Nuvo embellishment goodies!

To begin, I did a lot of die-cutting!  For the houses, I chose white and craft card for iced gingerbread houses.

The houses look really cute when assembled.

For the background of one, I blended a little Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire for the sky and applied some of the Glitter Accents with a spatula for the snow.  The Glitter Accents is a water-based product so it did warp the card a little.

For the other card, I die-cut the candy canes from the metallic red striped card from the kit and white heat-embossed then die-cut the gingerbread men and sentiment.  The star embellishments were cut from a very pale green mirror-card, which looks almost golden.

The rest of the cards were created using various arrangements of the trees.  I used the Glitter Accents for snow for the top left card, just dabbing it out of the bottle and it didn’t warp the card using it this way.  The stars are the matte gold Vintage Drops.

Five more cards to add to my festive stash!

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window