Cats + Patriotic = Catriotic!

Welcome to my second Visible Image blog post, this time featuring patriotic cats.  The idea for this card came to me whilst I was driving home and saw some red, white & blue bunting with a cat sat underneath.  Instead of bunting, I subbed the Grungy Union Jack stencil instead, which I love.

I have a quickie YouTube video of the making of this card here.

To begin, I stamped multiples of the cats from That Lovin' Feline onto masking paper and fussy cut them.

On a 5¼” square piece of card, I stamped the cats along the bottom, masking the foreground cats then stamping others in the background until about a third of the panel was covered.

I replaced the masks on the cats and then positioned the Grungy Union Jack stencil and taped it in place.

 

Using sticky notes to cover adjacent areas so as not to mix the colours, I used small blending brushes to add traditional colours to the flag.  Once complete, the cat masks were removed.

The cats were coloured using alcohol markers.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have red markers to match the blended ink so my cats have a slight pinky tinge.  I used the small elements from the feline set to add some self-coloured decoration to the flag.

I stamped the ‘meow!’ and sentiment on the flag before adding clear Nuvo Drops onto the cats’ eyes and noses.

More cats were stamped on the inside of the card and the envelope.

To finish the card, I restamped the sentiment on white card, trimmed it and attached it to the panel using foam tape.  The panel was matted on black card then onto a 5¾” card blank.  A final finishing touch was a few blue and silver embellishments.


 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window