Festive Foils

How are your Christmas makes coming along?  There was rare outing for my Spellbinders Hot Foil machine last week to make the backgrounds for my Christmas makes this month.  I had a play with the Twilight Sparkle Strip hot foil plate and gold and silver holographic foil.  The third panel uses the negative of the foil sheet, hot foiled again using a solid plate on purple card.

Next, I got busy with my Big Shot and the fairy light dies from Spellbinders Holiday Decorations.

For the lights, I went for a traditional colour scheme and used a light and dark shade each of red and green card, switching around the highlights.  Metallic gold foil card was used for the cable and light caps.

The sentiments for both cards are from Cozy Christmas by Waffle Flower.  For this card, I black heat embossed onto a strip of acetate which was wrapped around the panel and secured on the back.  The panel was then mounted on a dark red card base.  For extra sparkle, I used clear Wink of Stella on the light bulbs.

For the second card, I used the bell dies from the same set and silver, purple and pink foil card.

The cables and tiny bows were cut from silver mirror card and the sentiment backed with the same.  The card was finished by mounting on a purple card base for a non-traditional colour scheme.

Which do you prefer, the traditional or the contemporary colour scheme?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window