A Christmas Tipple

 

Hello and welcome to my fortnightly Visible Image design team inspiration blog post and this week I’m focusing on the Splash of Whisky stamps and co-ordinating dies but giving them a Christmas twist by adding in the Christmas Eve stamp set.  You've still got time to get your hands on a 30% discount off the Christmas category with code CC30 until the end of October 2023.

My plan was a Christmas tipple in a cozy log cabin so for the log cabin, I stamped the shelf from the Splash of Whisky multiple times using Verafine Clair Pinecone ink pad then water-coloured using Distress Ink Vintage Photo ink.  I die cut one (for the sentiment from Christmas Wishes) and fussy cut the rest.

I originally gold embossed the sentiment but redid it in white so it showed up more.

I added a thin stripe of glue along one edge of each plank and adhered the next plank to create wood panelling.

Some side pieces were added and I trimmed the bottom off the wood panel and adhered it to the top to create an aperture approximately 10cm x 5cm.  For the windowsill, I cut a plank in half longways and then adhered a piece of acetate behind the aperture to make a window.

I wanted a Christmas tree but the tree in the Christmas Eve set was a little small.  I got around this by stamping it several times using Distress Inks in Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn using my stamping platform and spritzing with water to blend the colours.  Once complete, I fussy cut it out and then added Nuvo Ruby Slippers Glitter Drops and Nuvo Mustard Gold Crystal Drops for fairy lights and left to dry.

For the main focal elements, I used Versamark Clair Nocturne and clear embossing powder to stamp the bottle and glass so that I could colour with alcohol markers.  I stamped the shot of whisky in the glass and added more shading using alcohol markers over the stamping.  These were die-cut using the coordinating dies.

To add a bit more of a wintery feel to the card, I cut a mask from scrap card and added some Nuvo Glitter Drops along the bottom of the back of the window frame for some snow. 

The final element to create was the scene through the window which I did by blending Distress Oxide Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Villainous Potion to make the night sky.  The houses and Santa’s sleigh were stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne and I added snow on the rooftops and dots in the sky with a white Posca pen and coloured the lights in the windows with a yellow marker.  To give a 3D look to the view through the window, I adhered the sky panel behind the window using foam tape.

The Christmas tree was glued in place on top of the wood panelling and the whisky elements and sentiment were attached using foam tape.  The whole panel was adhered to a dark brown mat on a square card base.


 Cheers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window