At The Beach

Last month, I joined the Visible Image Facebook group ATC swap.  For the uninitiated, an ATC is an Artist Trading Card which is 3½” x 2½”.  I’ve never made an ATC before but, aside from the size, the only rule (in this group) is that only Visible Image stamps, stencils and dies can be used to decorate it.  The theme this month was “Rusty” which gives lots of scope.

With the weather being so lovely, I’ve been taking advantage of living on the coast and have spent a couple of hours, on a few afternoons, sat on the beach.  I love watching the sea and have enjoyed the peace and quiet, away from our building work.  This prompted me to have a beachy theme for my ATC.  Whilst only an ATC is required for the swap, I wanted to make a matching card to send too.  To begin, I die-cut the Torn Fishnet Layering Die and applied IndigoBlu Flitterglu all over and left to dry.  I then applied a few dots of copper flakes and then used a small blending brush to apply Lucious Pigment Powder in Verdigris, Penny Dreadful and Grungy Gold.


Next, using Versafine Clair Acorn ink, I stamped and clear heat-embossed then small shells from At The Beach.  These were coloured with Copic markers and fussy-cut.  I also coloured around the edges in a dark yellow, a handy tip for disguising the edges if your fussy-cutting is not very neat – like mine!

For the sandy backgrounds, I blended Distress Oxide Mustard Seed and Distress Inks in Rusty Hinge (to meet the “Rusty” criteria) and Gathered Twigs.

The sentiment was stamped and clear heat-embossed and I spritzed some water onto each panel to bleach some areas for added texture.

I then used the Sandy Feet stencil to stencil small footprints in the sand.

The final job was to assemble all the elements.  I adhere parts of the die-cut to the corners, added a few shells. 

I made a little pocket on the inside of the front of the card to hold the ATC.

I enjoyed the challenge of creating two beached-themed items for this swap.  If you’d like to take part in next month’s swap, pop on over and join the Visible Image Facebook group.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window