Halloween Colours


The theme for this month’s ATC swap in the Visible Image Facebook group is Halloween Colours.   Since I’m loving the pumpkins in the Happy Halloween set, I thought I’d use this set again. 

An ATC is 2½” x 3½” so the small pumpkin was a suitable size for my project.  I began by stamping the pumpkin onto the ATC and onto a piece of masking paper.  The pumpkin was coloured using alcohol markers and I fussy-cut around the masking paper on the inside edge.

Next, I placed the mask onto the pumpkin and blended Villanous Potion and Twisted Citron inks all over the card.

For texture, I used the Graffiti stencil and the same colours and then used The Cat’s Whiskers stencil and black ink.

The ATC was finished by adding a little shading under the pumpkin with a black fineliner and gold heat-embossing the sentiment.

To accompany my ATC on its journey to my swap partner in Australia, I made a shaped card/tag using the large pumpkin stamp and die.  For the card base, I die-cut two large pumpkins from black card and another from white paper.

I scored one of the pumpkins about ½” from the top and glued this tab to the other black pumpkin.  For the paper liner, I drew round the inside of the die, cut off this border and adhered to the inside.

The large pumpkin was stamped, coloured and die-cut and I coloured the edge with a black marker to blend with the card base.




Comments

  1. Such a fantastic card and atc Lorraine. Thanks so much for entering the Halloween colours atc swap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window