Let It Snow

 

My last post of the month is my Christmas make.  Card making doesn’t have to be complicated and if you want to batch make cards, it needs to be simple.  That doesn’t mean boring though! I’m still struggling to recover from a virus that I’ve been suffering with for almost 3 weeks so I didn’t have the energy for complicated.

Any coloured card can be used for the panel, you just need an ink that is a darker shade of the same colour.  I chose to use a dark teal card with white embossing powder, but again, the choice is yours.  For batch making, a stamp positioner will speed up the process and I used my Misti, even though I was only making two cards.  Using Visible Image Let It Snow I positioned the large snowflake and sentiment in place temporarily whilst I positioned the other smaller snowflakes.  The small snowflakes were stamped in teal ink, the repositioned and stamped again a couple of times.

Next, I used a blending brush and darkened the edges of the panel.

After ensuring that the ink was totally dry, I liberally applied an anti-static bag all over the panel before stamping all the snowflakes and the sentiment with Versamark ink, then added white embossing powder and heat-set.  I later added a few more snowflakes in the background.

Finally, the panels were mounted on a white card base and embellished with some gemstones.




Comments

  1. So nice, I really liked this colours and how you made it simple but beautiful as well... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Bætti :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window