Shine Bright

 

My card this week is one that I made for the November Visible Image ATC swap which has the theme “Shine Bright”.  My first thought was a lightbulb for obvious reasons but I don’t yet have that stamp set so I had to think again.  I ended up using the Robot Data stamps and dies which, although the robots on the packaging are a little rusty, my versions are hot off the production line, all bright, shiny and new.  This design would also work well for those tricky men's birthday cards.

For the background panel, I blended Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn and then spritzed with a little water to add texture.  Using a green ink pad, I stamped some of the small background stamps randomly around the card.

For the card, I stamped and silver heat-embossed the large robot on grey card and then coloured with alcohol markers.  I did the same with the small robot for the ATC.

Using my Zig 2-Way Glue Pen, I added dots and dashes where I thought the highlights on the metal would be and left to dry.  Once dry, I rubbed silver transfer foil over the glued areas, pressing firmly and then peeled off the sheet.  Finally, the robots were die-cut with the coordinating dies.

To add more interest and shine to the background, I used the circuit board stamp from Total Chaos and Versamark ink and stamped around the outside of the panel, rotating the stamp.  Whilst the ink was still wet, I applied silver pigment powder using a soft, dry paintbrush.  The fine powder should adhere to the sticky ink.  I lightly rubbed away the excess powder with a soft cloth.

For the ATC background, I stamped with Versamark and added ‘Heat n Stick’ powder, which once heated, acts like glue. (This was from Stampin’ Up! Many years ago but I believe WOW! do a similar product.)  I applied the foil transfer sheet to the adhesive, rubbing firmly to get good transfer.

I'm excited to see what theme Jane will choose for December’s ATC swap!  To join in the swapping fun, join the Visible Image Facebook Group by 23rd of the month.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window