2023 Review

As we say goodbye to 2023, I thought I'd look back over the past 12 months and pick out my favourite makes and moments.  I finished off my crafting this year with these tree ornaments from patterns by mmmcrafts, which I made for Christmas gifts.

A blingy Mrs Claus, from the 'Twas The Night series.  I made Santa Claus for my friend last year.


The first day from the 12 Days of Christmas ornaments

One of the highlights of my year has been my new, extended craft room.  I’ve been busy moving my stuff in the past couple of weeks.  I’ve had a good clear out; chucked some things away, re-found others I’d forgotten that I bought(!) and given a load of things to the charity shop.  Still some work to do but I’m about 90% there.  I’m really looking forward to getting creative in there.

I love that I’ve now got an area to display things too, as well as lots of lovely storage!

My year started with a high when I went up to Practical Publishing HQ to meet the magazine editors and my fellow Cardmaker of The Year 2022 winners.  We had a wonderful day with Nicky Gilburt and Lou Collins and it was the best prize of the competition.

Another high was being chosen for the Visible Image Design Team.  I was in two minds as to whether to apply for this as I knew my craft room would be out of commission due to the building work but decided that the opportunity might not come along again.  There’s a lesson there – if opportunity knocks, grab it with both hands!  I’ve loved being part of the very friendly team and showcasing their fabulous products and am delighted that Helen and Mark have asked me to stay on for 2024.  This is my favourite DT make this year.

Another high was my biscuit tin card making the front cover of Creative Stamping magazine.  Another of my makes is also top left as my commission brief was masking techniques.  This cover is going to be framed and is going up on the craft room wall. 

From my own blog, my favourite makes were the ones I made for Mum for Mother’s Day…

…and for my Dad’s birthday.  The low point of my year was my Dad having a heart attack but fortunately, he has recovered well.  It was a real insight into his life looking after my demetia-ridden Mum whilst he was in hospital.  He’s doing brilliantly and has learned how to run the house in his eighties.  It still makes me chuckle when we’re on the phone and he says he’s got to go to get the washing out as it’s a good drying day!

My other favourite was a card, the like of which I'll never make again - the ordination card!

All that’s left is for me to wish you a very happy, crafty and healthy 2024. See you on the other side!

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window