French Hens

 

Not long until Christmas now.  Are you all prepared or still panic crafting??  I thought I’d be making in my new craft room this weekend but not quite yet.  The furniture is built though, I’ve just got to start the mammoth task of moving my stuff back in.  Here’s a before and after of the room, the ‘after’ being the tidiest the room will ever be!

It will obviously look a bit different once all my gear is installed but I’m hoping that, with all that lovely storage, it will be tidy(?!).  It’s also twice the size of the previous room with a lot more useable space due to the dormers and I absolutely LOVE it!  There's still a table to go in under the right window for my sewing area but that's a project for the New Year.

My card this week is for one of our neighbours who keeps chickens.  I bought the Penny Black 12 Days of Christmas stamp set years ago but have rarely used it so this was the perfect opportunity.  To make the background, I stamped the other ‘days’ in black ink on the card base.

For the French Hen, I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with Copic markers.  The images are small so not much shading is necessary.

I die-cut the hen into a circle and die-cut a scalloped circle of red glitter card to back it.  These were mounted on the card base using foam tape.

I think I might make a set of these next year, with each one featuring a different day of Christmas.

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window