Noughty Minion

 

This week saw Mr L celebrate a “noughty” birthday – the ripe old age of 40! He is a massive Minions fan so, having moved my Cricut Maker into my craft room, I purchased a SVG cutting file from Etsy to make a Stuart the Minion card.

To begin, I scaled the file so that the card would be approximately A4 sized and cut out all the pieces, cutting an extra body for the back of the card.  I cut the mouth and hair from vinyl  since they were quite skinny.

To give the Minion some definition, I blended some ink around the outside of the body, the dungarees and the dungaree pocket.

All the bits were adhered in place and he really started to come to life.

For the eye, I added some different shades of brown alcohol markers onto the iris and a white highlight onto the pupil.

The goggle was backed with acetate and I used foam tape to adhere it onto the face.  I’d thought the card was finished then but realised there was no differentiation between the body and the arms and no detail on the dungarees (left).  I trimmed some pieces of sticky note to use as masks and blended ink around these to detail the various areas (right).

Lastly, I decided to give him a party hat since it was for a special, big birthday.  Here is the finished ‘Stuart the Minion’ card.

I was so pleased with how Stuart turned out that I also made Dave the Minion for our friend, Dave, for his birthday.  This one was A5 sized.


These were such fun cards to make and they made me smile.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window