Well Done!

 

This week’s card is one I made for one of our trainees after he passed his validation board.  A board is a big deal and is the culmination of several years of classroom learning at the college, simulator training and finally training in the Ops room with live traffic.  Provided you pass, you’re then a fully qualified air traffic controller. I wanted an aviation theme but it's easy to change the theme to whatever you want.

For the plane background, I used Lawn Fawn Plane & Simple stamp set and Versamark ink on a black square panel.

I repeat stamped the aircraft, banner and sentiment and heat embossed using my homemade mix of gold, silver, bronze and glitter embossing powder. This netutral colour allowed me free reign to choose my coloured glitter card for the letters.

Using Julie Hickey Sweet Pea uppercase alphabet dies, I die-cut the required letters from 3 shades of glitter card plus twice from black card to make stacked letters.

Once the letters were glued together, I adhered them to the black panel, using my T-ruler to ensure they were level.

The black panel was then simply mounted on a square white card blank.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window