Kiss From A Rose

My cards this week started by the need to make an anniversary card for my parents.  They’ve been married for 55 years and although sadly, dementia has robbed my Mum of this knowledge, it’s still nice for Dad to get a card and some choccies.  I’d made these sheets of card as part of a 100-day Instagram challenge and the first week’s prompt was to use sprays.  I realised that I didn’t have many, just some Nuvo shimmer sprays so I sprayed a couple of sheets of white card with those.  I die-cut a heart from my yellow and gold creation and dry embossed it with Altenew Garden Roase 3D embossing folder.  I then used a piece of sponge and dragged gold ink over the high spots to add a little highlight.  Using a larger sized heart die, I cut two to make the card base and gold-heat embossed the sentiment.  I love the finish of this – it reminds me of meringue on top of a Baked Alaska!

Next, I cut a bunch of white and black panels and embossed all of them with the same folder.

I’ve had these pots of Cosmic Shimmer metallic gilding polish for ages but haven’t really used them so thought I’d try them out on the black and white card.  The pots come with a foam applicator in the lid and I applied the polish by gently kissing the high points of the embossing with the foam in a circluar motion. (There’s also a white glitter one but that didn’t work particularly well and I went over the cards I’d used that on with one of the coloured polishes.)

As you can see, the polishes work really well on black or white card but I esecially love the drama of the black ones.

I was a bit heavy handed on some of the panels so I’ll probably cut those down for tags but for the rest, I layered them up and added a small birthday sentiment so as not to obliterate the embossing.

This is one of the pieces that had the glitter polish on first and then I went over it with the magenta.


Whilst I liked all of them, I think the green was my favourite!

Finally, I needed another anniversary card so I repeated my first card, this time using black card and the green gilding polish.  I’m loving the antique-y look of this card!


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window