Lilies With Love

Welcome to my latest Visible Image DT post.  This week, I’m using the brand-new, gorgeous Lilies With Love stamp set which also has coordinating dies for the lilies.

Since I was going to use the ‘Sending Love’ sentiment, I opted for a heart-shaped card.  White embossing powder on black card is very dramatic but also shows any stray powder so I liberally applied my Embossing Buddy before stamping with Versamark ink.  I applied Wow! Opaque white embossing powder and heat set it.  I also stamped the flowers too, ready for die-cutting later.  As I was going to colour with pencils, I coloured the flowers and leaves first with the white pencil from my Faber-Castell Polychromos set.

Next, I selected 3 or 4 shades of coloured pencils for the leaves and flowers.

I started with the darkest colours and worked my way to the lightest, finishing with a little white on the edges.

After die-cutting the two largest flowers, I realised that there was quite a lot of embossed powder showing on the edges, which I didn’t care for.  I restamped the flowers with Versamark and added white embossing powder again.  Before heat setting the powder, I used a small, dry brush to move the embossing powder away from the areas outside of the petals and then heat set it.  This gave a cleaner look after die-cutting.

The black background seemed a little stark, so I made a mask from a sticky note by drawing around the lily stamp, popped it over the embossed lilies and spattered Dr Ph Martin’s Bleedproof white ink over the card front.

I cut another heart for the back of the card, scored it 1” from the top and trimmed off the point so that it would have a stable base.  The 1” tab was glued to the card front.

The die-cut lilies were added on foam tape to extend the bouquet.  The sentiment was white heat-embossed, die-cut and attached using foam tape.

The lilies work well simply embossed in metallic too for a quick make.  This tag was made by heat embossing in gold and adding a light blending of gold ink through the brand-new Fragments stencil. 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window