Multi-Coloured Mayhem

 

My Colorado Craft Company Color My World stamp set was still out on my desk from the post a couple of weeks ago so I thought I’d have another play with it.  First, I decided to actually paint the brushes so I stamped onto hot-press watercolour paper and got busy with my watercolours.  To finish the cards, I heat-embossed the sentiment on vellum and wrapped it around the panel, affixed the panel to black card and then onto a kraft card blank.

For the next cards, I was inspired by a tag that I made for a Facebook group challenge, the theme of which was “something you want to do more of in 2024” and mine was painting.

Again, using hot-press watercolour paper, I stamped the brushes and the sentiment, although I found another stamp with the English spelling of ‘colour’ and used that instead.

Next, rather than painting, I used ink-smooshing to add some colour to each panel.  On my craft mat, I smooshed several Distress Inks and sprayed water over.  I chose Distress Inks rather than Distress Oxides as they’re transparent so wouldn’t obliterate the stamped images. 

I pressed each panel into the inky puddles then set them aside to dry.

Some of the panels were a bit washed out so I added to the colours using the same ink pads and blending brushes to make the colours more vibrant.

To finish the cards, I spattered each panel with Dr Ph Martin’s Bleedproof white ink and attached to a kraft card blank.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window