Rainbow Resist


This week’s creations are the card and ATC that I made for the Visible Image ATC Swap group over on Facebook.  The theme for January 2024 was “Your Favourite Previous VI ATC Swap Theme” so I chose “Rainbow Joy” as I wanted to do some emboss-resist that I’ve not done for a while.

I last did this almost 4 years ago and tried out pastel and bright colours.  The technique works so much better when using bright colours.  For my rainbow colours, I used Distress Oxides and blending brushes.  I set these aside to completely dry.

The next step is to stamp and add clear embossing powder.  I used the Visible Image Bee Happy stamp set which is great for cards and ATCs as there’s such a variety of sizes of bee!  

The final job was to blend black ink all over the embossed panels.  The embossed areas resist the black ink although there was some residue to be wiped away.  I wiped off the excess with kitchen towel and then buffed with a soft cloth to get into the little nooks and crannies.

The large panel was mounted onto a white card blank and I adhered a sheet of yellow paper to the reverse of the ATC as it was a bit inky.  For a bit of sparkle, I went over the bee wings with my Wink of Stella pen.

I’ve got a short video over on YouTube showing how I made these, which you can find here.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window