Easter Bunnies

 

Happy Easter!  I hope the Easter Bunny has been and delivered you lots of goodies.  My Easter cards this week were my take on the ‘inkbox’ technique, by Sarah Anderson, that I saw in the Lavinia For You Facebook group.  This involves using the lids of Distress ink pads as the starter frame for the stamping.

For Easter colours, I chose to use Distress Oxides in Mustard Seed and Twisted Citron.  After dabbing the edges of the inkpad lid onto the inkpad, I stamped it onto watercolour paper.  Whilst the ink was still wet, I went around the inside of the square with a paintbrush and clean water, just catching the line to allow the ink to flow into the water.

Next, using the Lavinia Featherleaf stencil and the same ink, I lightly applied ink through the stencil with a small brush, leaving the centre light.

The next step was to stamp some small areas of text in the background before stamping the images.  For some stamps, I masked the bottom or side of the panel, depending on how much of the stamp I wanted to use.  I used a mix of Lavinia and Inkylicious stamps.  For the green card, I’d managed to get an inky splodge on the white area at the top so had to disguise it with the flourish.

To finish the cards, I cut mounts in green and yellow and attached them to 5” white card blanks.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window