Rainbow Cupcakes


Welcome to my latest DT post.  I was delighted when Visible Image gave us coordinating dies for Blow Out The Candles in their latest release.  This set was already quite versatile but with these dies, it’s now an essential craft supply.  I didn’t mind fussy cutting the cakes but the candles…not so much. To celebrate this fabulous time saver, I made a card with LOTS of die-cutting!

To begin, I stamped and clear heat embossed the cupcake and candles 7 times and coloured with alcohol markers.  I like to add clear heat embossing when I’m using alcohol markers as I don’t have to worry about using alcohol-friendly ink to stamp the images.

Next, I die-cut the lot of them.  It took about 2 minutes – woohoo! I have a magnetic platform in my Big Shot but I still like to use a little tape to hold the dies in place.

For the background, I used more goodies from the new release.  The lovely, large sentiment is from Best Birthday Ever, which I stamped and clear heat-embossed.   To add a little interest to the bottom of the panel, I blended grey ink through the new Splash stencil and then flicked some alcohol marker ink splats in rainbow order.

The cupcakes were arranged on the front panel and glued together where they overlapped.  I then tucked in the candles and adhered them to the back of the cupcakes, ensuring that they didn’t obliterate the sentiment.

The background panel was adhered to a black 5” x 7” card blank and the cupcakes attached on top using foam tape.

If you don’t have the time to colour 7 cupcakes, you could easily make this card into a slimline version, using only one cupcake.  I filled in the centre with the Grungy Union Jack stencil.



 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window