Spring Flowers

Floral cards seem to be my thing at the moment.  I guess it’s the garden starting to come to life again and flowers peeking their way through the gloom that are providing the inspiration.  Since moving back into my craft room, I’ve found things that I forgotten I bought so when I rediscovered these dies, I decided to have a play.

The rabbits and wheelbarrow are from Charlie & Paulchen, a German company, and the tiny flowers are from Gummiapan in Sweden.

When I’m making cards like this, I like to get all the die-cutting done at the start so I just cut out loads of the flowers and then coloured them with my markers.  I opted to just use the crocuses and snowdrops and omitted the dandelion, as I was thinking of these becoming Easter cards.

Then it was just a case of layering everything up.  I chopped some of the flowers apart so I could rearrange them so they didn’t look quite so uniform.  I also positioned the main focal image at each end so that the bunny was facing into the card.

In the end, I decided to use them for Mother’s Day cards instead of Easter and added a suitable sentiment. 

I also rediscovered a daffodil die set from Gummiapan so took that for a spin too.  For this card, I coloured my card first by blending green and yellow inks.

I then die-cut as many as possible from the card.

For the background panel, I lightly blended some Broken China Distress Oxide ink centrally and then glued the leaves and stems in place, adding the flowers last, some of them on foam for added dimension.  Finally, I spattered with some Dr Ph Martin’s Bleedproof White ink.  Again, I left the card blank, the sentiment to be added when required.

You can see how just popping a few of the flowers up on foam tape really adds some dimension and interest to the card.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window