Mellow Yellow

 

This week’s card is the one I made to accompany my Visible Image ATC swap for April, which had the theme ‘Mellow Yellow’.  You could use only shades of yellow plus black and white.  I had seen some glorious yellow tulips in a garden locally so I opted to use the Sketched Tulips stamp set.

Using masking paper, I stamped and fussy cut the tulip flower and then stamped and clear heat-embossed the first row of tulips.

I continued to replace the masking paper and stamped and heat-embossed multiple tulips over the bottom of the panel and finally added a bee from Bee Happy.

For a hint of sun, I blended Scattered Straw Distress Ink through the Strobes stencil, fading out as it reached the flowers.  The tulips were coloured using Copic markers.  I like to clear heat-emboss the stamping as then I don’t have to worry about using alcohol-friendly ink.

To finish the card, I partially stamped the text from the set and added a few dots with a yellow Posca pen and black fineliner.  I stamped and clear heat-embossed ‘SPRING’ and cut it out, colouring the rectangle with the same Copic markers.

For the inside, I decorated another panel using the small tulip.  I made a small pocket to hold the ATC.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window