Beautiful Bonsai

 

It’s *NEW RELEASE* time again and for my DT post this week, I’m delighted to be sharing my makes using the Resilient Bonsai stamp set together with 2 of the stencils, Art Spheres #2 and Painted Grid.

To begin, I stamped the bonsai using brown hybrid ink so that I could colour with alcohol markers.  This bonsai was to be one full of blossom so I used a selection of pinks and just dotted them around until most of the tree was covered, although I left a few areas white.  The pot was coloured to match the background panel – more on that later!

Next, I gold-heat embossed some of the small symbols onto the pot.

To finish the panel, I gold heat-embossed the writing randomly and then blended some gold ink around the edge.

For the background, I roughly measured where my focal panel would come to so that I could align the half-sphere pattern from Art Spheres #2, which I stencilled using black ink.  Once the ink was completely dry, I gold heat-embossed the sentiment.

To add more texture to the blossom, I added varying sized Nuvo Drops in Shimmering Rose and set aside to dry.

To finish the card, I trimmed the bonsai panel a little and backed it with some gold foil card before adhering it to the background.  Finally, it was mounted on a 5¾” card blank.

I don’t know why but the blossom tree was the first idea that came into my head when I saw the stamp so I decided to try it out with leaves instead.  I love the calm feeling of this version, which uses the Painted Grid stencil in the background.

Is this stamp set on your shopping list?  I hope so, it’s a beauty!

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window