Cheers for Cocktails

You may recall that I mentioned that I retired a few weeks ago and my card this week is the one I sent my workmates to thank them for their generous gifts.

For the decorative elements, I used Visible Image’s Cocktails & Dreams stamps and dies, together with the ‘CHEERS’ from Bring On The Beers.  The cocktails were stamped and clear heat embossed.

I like to clear heat emboss as it gives me options of how to colour the images and I chose alcohol markers.  My collection of markers is a mixed bunch, consisting of Copic, Spectrum Noir, Prism and Nuvo and I just mix and match.  After colouring, I die-cut using the coordinating dies, although I had to do the martini with partial die-cutting as I’d stamped the olives in the glass.

For some glassy effect on the cocktail glasses, after adhering the decorations, I covered the whole glass with Glossy Accents and set aside to dry.

Whilst the glasses were drying, I made the background panel by lightly blending Salty Ocean Distress Oxide onto the centre of a 5¼” square panel and then gold heat-embossing the sentiments.  I then spattered some gold paint from my Finetec Candy Watercolour set all over plus dragged the brush around the edge of the panel.

After much deliberating as to whether to align the drinks vertically (Mr L’s choice) or at jaunty angles, I decided to pop them up on ‘wobblers’.  To make the drinks sturdy, I die-cut another 2 of each element and stacked them together.

Finally, I mounted them at jaunty angles on the panel and attached the panel to a black 5¾” square card blank.

Here’s a little shot of the wobblers in action.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window