Dragonfly Moment

 

Hello and welcome to my DT make for our focus on “Keeping It Simple”.  I used the Live In The Moment stamp set, as those dragonflies are so detailed that they need little else to complete a card, together with two ink pads.

To begin, I used a shorter panel than usual, as that was what I had in my drawer of cut pieces and decided to see how to make that work.  Using a green ink pad, I stamped the circles using first and second generation stamping to give some variation of colour.  I also second generation stamped the two small dragonflies to give the impression that they were in the distance.

To stamp the dragonfly and sentiment, I used Versafine Onyx Black as I think that it’s the best pad for finely detailed stamps.  I added Wow! superfine clear embossing powder over and heat set.  The heat-embossing is an optional extra and if you want an even quicker make, skip it!

The panel was mounted on a green rectangle to match the ink.  Since the panel was shorter than the card, I stamped the mid-sized dragonfly in the bottom corner of the card blank.  To add a bit of bling, I added Stickles Star Dust to the dragonflies’ wings.

It is fun to spend hours making a fancy card for someone but this just shows that it's not always necessary.  Sometimes, you don't have the time or energy or you need a card in a hurry so a clean and simple card is still a special, one-off creation made with the same love.

 

Happy crafting!

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window