Who Doesn’t Love A Rainbow?


This week has been a strange one for me.  It’s the first time in 33 years that I don’t have a job!  I took early retirement and my last day of controlling aeroplanes was on 13th April, however, I had annual leave to use to take me to my official retirement of 30th April.  Although I have retired, I’ve done so early and can’t yet claim my pension so I’m technically unemployed!  I thought that this would give me more time to do the things I want but so far, my experience of retirement is that time seems to go twice as fast!

For today’s card, I was inspired by a YouTube video by Angelica Conrad, which leant itself very well to making multiples.  This stamp set, a Big & Bold one called Build A Rainbow, by Colorado Craft Company, was another of my winnings that hadn’t yet seen the light of day.   I made use of my MISTI so that I could add multiple pieces of card in the different alignments.  After stamping the standard rainbow arc, I then added a new piece of card in a slightly offset place, to stamp a half arc and turned the card around to stamp an upside-down arc on the other side.

Once the first arc was complete, I replaced the card in the MISTI and arranged the next arc stamp and then repeated the stamping on all the pieces.


I don’t usually use Distress Oxides for stamping but I thought I’d try it out, using Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean and Seedless Preserves.  Once the rainbow was complete, I added hearts from the set into the centres.

For some shine, I added Nuvo Crystal Drops Morning Dew onto the hearts.

For the sentiments, I used the Happy Birthday from CCC Birthday Wishes, white heat-setting it on black card and fussy cutting.  I then decorated them with rhinestones and Nuvo drops.

The first two, I simply added clear rhinestones and backed the panels with yellow card, mounting onto black and craft card bases.

For the third card, I added Nuvo Drops in Ivory Seashell and Violet Galaxy.  Each time, I attached the sentiment using black foam squares.

On my final card, I’d left too much space in the centre, so I found a curved sentiment in CCC’s Wishing Happiness stamp set and arranged this to match the arc of the rainbow.

Here's the full set of jolly rainbow cards.




 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window