Cone-gratulations!

My card for this week’s DT post is the one I made to accompany last month’s “Celebrations” ATC swap.  Since I thought that summer was just around the corner, I thought I’d celebrate the warmer weather with some yummy ice-cream cones using the Better With Ice-Cream set.  It seems that this corner is a very long one though as that warmer weather hasn’t quite materialised yet!

I dug out some watercolour paper and used Versafine Onyx Black ink as I wanted to watercolour my cards.  Since the watercolour paper isn’t quite as smooth as card, I like to use my MISTI so that I can repeat stamp areas as necessary.  I started with the cones, added a flake on one and then added some candles from Blow Out The Candles, since it was a celebration!  I just used some bits of sticky note to mask the bottom of the candles.

I also gold heat-embossed the glow around the flame of the candles and stamped the sentiment on the ATC.  The panels were taped to a board to help prevent warping.

After wetting the background, I dropped in some cerulean blue paint, adding more in places so the colour wasn’t uniform.

The cones were then water-coloured and I used my Finetec Candy metallic watercolour paints for the ice-cream to add some shimmer.  Once everything was dry, I added some spatters using gold and white paints.

Each panel was trimmed down to the appropriate size and then I used the new Stardust stencil and pressed a Versamark ink pad through before adding white embossing powder and heat setting.

To finish the card, I dragged some gold paint around the edge of the panel, then mounted it on a square of black card and onto a white 5¾” square card blank.  The sentiment was gold heat-embossed on a scrap of black card and I added gold powder around the edges too. 

Hopefully summer and ice-creams will be along soon!

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window